Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pray like David Pray

Post written in English (purple version) and translate to Indonesian.
I will try to do it that way so it's easier for Indo people to read





Hari ini di komsel, aku sempat bicara dengan temen2 bahwa ketika aku berdoa, aku banyak gesture (body languange), banyak bergerak. Dan itulah salah satu alasan kenapa aku lebih suka berdoa sendiri, supaya aku bebas mengekspresikan diri aku sendiri. Tapi sebenarnya aku juga suka berdoa dalam komunitas dan merasa bersatu dengan semuanya. Tapi terkadang aku merasa aku aneh karena caraku berdoa. aku bisa banyak menggerakkan tanganku, dan juga menangis luar biasa ketika berdoa, dan aku menjadi cenderung lupa ada banyak orang di sekelilingku, seolah2 aku ini sedang sendiri.

Tapi tadi ketika aku sedang berjalan ke Sunter Mall, Tuhan mengingatkanku tentang Raja Daud.


2 Samuel 6:14

And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.


Daud berdoa dan menari seperti orang gila.
Dan Alkitab juga berkata:

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Ayat2 itu menghangatkan hatiku dan membuatku diyakinkan bahwa sekalipun cara berdoa ku mungkin berbeda atau aneh bagi orang lain, tapi Tuhan mencintai hatiku.



Today at my cell group, I told my friends that when I pray, I have a lot of gesture (body language) and that is the reason why I love to pray alone, so I can express myself freely. But I actually also love to pray in the community and feel united with all.. But I do sometimes feel like I am lil weirdo with the way I pray. I can move my hand a lot, I can cry crazily and when I pray, I tend to forget everyone around me... like I am all alone..

Then while I was walking to Sunter Mall today, God reminds me about King David..

2 Samuel 6:14

And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.


David was praying and dancing like a crazy person.
And the Bibble also said:

Luke 10:27

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

The scripture makes my heart warm and makes me realize that even though the way I pray maybe kinda weird for other, but God loves my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment